GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARDS
CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) No.02/2018
(Recruitment for Various Posts in Level 1 of 7 CPC Pay Matrix)
Date of publication: 10.02.2018. Date & Time of Closing: 31.03.2018 up to 23.59 Hrs.
Computer Based Test (CBT): Tentatively scheduled during April and May, 2018.
Railway Recruitment Boards invite ONLINE applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of various th posts in Level 1 of 7 CPC Pay Matrix for the vacancies in various units of Indian Railways. Applications complete in all respect should be submitted ONLINE ONLY to any one of the Railway Recruitment Boards before 23.59 hrs of 31.03.2018.
Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date for submitting application. CANDIDATES WAITING FOR RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
1) Applications are to be submitted ONLINE through RRB websites ONLY. One application ONLY is required to be submitted to the selected RRB for all its notified posts. Candidates can apply to only one RRB. Any attempt to submit more than one application by a candidate against shall result in disqualification and debarment.
2) Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE Application. Candidates need NOT send printouts of application or Certificates or copies to RRBs concerned by post. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith.
3) Candidates are required to go through the vacancy table, ascertain their eligibility and then exercise options for the RRBs and post(s) within the RRB chosen as per their eligibility. The selection of RRB once exercised shall be final.
4) Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for. Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not be given any alternative appointment.
5) Scale of pay : Level 01 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of Rs. 18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time.
6) Age (as on 01.07.2018) : 18 - 33 Years. The lower and upper age limit indicated for a particular post(s) in the vacancy table will be reckoned as on 01.07.2018.
7) Stages of Exam : There shall be a Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates qualified in the CBT shall have to undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Marks will be normalized in the CBT.
8) Negative Marking : There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in the CBT. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer.
9) Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations.
10) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones etc. to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
11) Candidates should have their own mobile number and valid & active personal email id and keep them active for the entire duration of recruitment as RRBs shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and email till the recruitment is completely over. RRBs will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.
12) Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and information in the CEN available on the websites of RRBs.
Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs and be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
Number of Vacancies : 62, 907 Posts
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS : Candidates should have the Educational/Technical qualifications indicated against the notified posts in the CEN from recognized Board/NCVT/SCVT as on the closing date for submission of the ONLINE application. Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational/technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply. Diploma/Degree in Engineering will not be accepted in lieu of course completed Act Apprenticeship / ITI. Also, Graduate Act Apprentice will not be accepted in lieu of Course Completed Act Apprenticeship.
EXAMINATION FEE :
Candidates applying for the posts in this CEN have to pay the prescribed fee as per their category detailed
|SI. No||Candidate Categories||Fee|
For General and OBC Candidates.
Out of this fee of Rs. 500/-, an amount of Rs. 400/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in the CBT.
For Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class.
*This fee of Rs. 250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT.
MODES OF PAYMENT OF FEE :
a). ONLINE fee payment through internet banking or debit/credit cards upto 30/03/2018 till 23.59 hrs.
b). OFFLINE fee payment through
(i) SBI Bank Branch for Challan Payment Mode closes on 28/03/2018 at 15.00 hrs in any branch of SBI
(ii) Post Office Challan Payment Mode closes on 27/03/2018 at 15.00 hrs in any branch of computerized Post Offices.
For detail notification please log on the website : www.indianrailways.gov.in.